Translate

Tuesday, January 04, 2022

NEWS: Ancient Egyptian Mummy of Pharaoh Amenhotep I 'Digitally Unwrapped...



#AncientArchitects #AncientEgypt #AmenhotepI


Ancient Architects

NEWS: Ancient Egyptian Mummy of Pharaoh Amenhotep I 'Digitally Unwrapped' | Ancient Architects

Many of you will have seen the subject of this video in the international press just after Christmas but I thought it would be a good idea to keep a record of new Ancient Egyptian discoveries on the Ancient Architects channel, because this is groundbreaking work on the mummy of King Amenhotep I.

Amenhotep I’s well-preserved mummy was part of the Deir el-Bahri cache. During the 21st dynasty under the reign of Ramesses IX, many royal mummies were moved for their protection, including that of Amenhotep I, as well as his father Ahmose I, Thutmose I, II and III, Ramesses I, Seti I, Ramesses the Great and many more.

The cache was discovered in 1881. Amenhotep I’s mummy was still fully wrapped and it remains that way today, making it one of a few royal mummies to been left alone by modern antiquarians, scientists and archaeologists.

But now, the mummy has finally been investigated, not unwrapped with invasive methods, but with a full CT scan, allowing us to see 2D and 2D images for the head mask, bandages and mummy. Amenhotep I has been virtually unwrapped and Sahar N Saleem of the Department of Radiology at Cairo University has shared her findings.

Watch the video to learn more and click here to read the full scientific report on the mummy of Pharaoh Amenhotep I: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/...

All images are taken from Google Images and the mentioned source for educational purposes only. Please subscribe to Ancient Architects, Like the video and please leave a comment below. Thank you.

#AncientArchitects #AncientEgypt #AmenhotepI

Labels

https://ediobangers.blogspot.com/ AKA The Hidden Techno OG link

https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/stoypm